The conditions in Northern Ontario can present unique challenges for your fishing trip. If you've never experienced fishing in this region before it may be hard to know exactly what to pack. To get your fishing trip started we have compiled a list to help you with your packing.
Outpost Camps: You are restricted to 100 pounds per person for flights into the outpost camps. Overweight charges will be levied per pound.
- Fishing Rods and tackle
- Groceries for the duration of your trip
- Beer/pop in cans (no glass bottles please)
- Sun Tan Lotion (SPF 15 or better)
- Bug Spray (11% DEET or better)
- Bath towel and washcloth
- Pillow and sleeping bag
- Rain gear & waterproof footwear
- Clothing for any temperature (hot or cold)
- Sun glasses
- Toiletries (Toilet paper, shampoo, tooth brush etc..)
- Flashlight (Waterproof is best)
- Cooking oil and fish batter
- Fishing Net & Fillet knife
- Bait Bucket (Live bait available at the Resort)
- Personal medications
- First aid kit
- Garbage bags
- Duct tape always comes in handy
- Life jacket (coast guard approved - seat cushions are no substitute for life jackets)
Medicine Stone Resort Policy is a fishing Conservation license only:
2 Walleye fish per person per day for consumption only. Fishing licenses are available at the Esso Gas Station in Red Lake.