Hyvee Lake is our most remote outpost location. It is located 32 air miles northwest of Red Lake, near the boundary of Woodland Caribou Provincial Park. With its many bays and reefs, Hyvee Lake provides an unusual amount of structure and fish habitat. This accounts for the amazing fishery, with walleye being both plentiful and healthy. There is a portage at the south end of the lake, which leads to a very special lake with lots of Blue Walleye as well as Yellow Walleye (Yellow Pickerel). To ensure that this fishery remains healthy well into the future, we limit the number of guests who are able to stay at Hyvee Lake to 72 guests/year.
Read more about the Best Walleye Fishing in Ontario
Fish Species: Walleye, Northern Pike
Cabin: Accommodates up to 8 people. The only cabin on the lake.
- 14' boats with 9.9 hp motors
- unlimited supply of gas
- propane lights, fridge, freezer and cooking stove
- wood stove for cool spring and fall nights
- complete cooking and eating utensils
- beds with foam mattress and pillows
- water pump
- shower w/hot water tank
- quiet solar power w/battery backup
- flights into and out of outpost
- A charcoal Barbeque
- Satellite phone is available for emergency uses
- We also have a fire pit for evening campfires to relax and take in nature's sounds and solitude.
Expandable & Printable Map of Hyvee Lake (.pdf)
|Click photos for larger view
-------Nothing quite like a "fat", healthy fish-------